The following links provide downloadable version of the Grant Forms. Downloaded versions may be completed and returned via e-mail (email@example.com) or faxed to 202-331-8544.
Are you from a…
YEAR 2012 DIOCESAN GRANT GUIDELINES
- Application for funds is required each year that an appropriation is desired.
- REQUEST FORMS MUST BE EITHER EMAILED to firstname.lastname@example.org, or ELECTRONICALLY FILED AT www.BlackandIndianMission.org, or deposited in the U.S. mail BY Friday, July 20, 2012 to:
BLACK AND INDIAN MISSION OFFICE
2021 H Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006-4207
Note: If forms are not returned by the above date, it will be assumed that aid is not needed.
- The Black and Indian Mission Office considers applications for funds only when they are submitted by the Most Reverend Ordinaries and will place in their hands the Grants that are made for evangelization among Blacks and Native Americans under their jurisdiction.
- THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR GRANTS:
- Social Service projects (should be requested from the CCHD Collections)
- Communications projects (should be requested from the Communications Collection)
- Religious Retirement Expenses (should be requested from Retirement for Religious Collections)
- Grant monies are not to be used to reimburse diocesan debt.
IMPORTANT: — Last year the grant amounts requested by the Ordinaries exceeded the dollar amount received in the National Black and Indian Mission Collection. Thus, a positive effort should be made by each one to promote the Collection. Every request is given proper consideration. Please do not submit requests that should be covered by the above National Collections.
- Applications for aid must be accompanied with a current financial Arch/Diocesan audit. Do not include individual Parish or School audits.
- Grants are determined by the numbers ministering to the Black and Native American communities, by the number of people to be served, the number of evangelization programs, schools for Black and Native American students, etc., in each Arch/Diocese. Special consideration is given on a pro rata allocation formula to the Arch/Dioceses that have a Single Collection each year for the National Black and Indian Mission Collection.